WHAT ARE CYBER SECURITY MONITORING SERVICES?
Cyber security monitoring services refer to continuous monitoring of computer networks and systems to detect and prevent cyber attacks. Security analysts are responsible for monitoring cyber threats and responding to security alarms before they become cyber security incidents. Effective cybersecurity monitoring is crucial for protecting businesses from cyber threats and attacks.
These services aid to safeguard companies from unauthorized access, data breaches, and malware infections. Such security incidents can lead to significant financial and reputational damage. These services use advanced tools and a team of specialists to monitor and respond to security threats 24/7.
WHY IS CYBER SECURITY MONITORING IMPORTANT?
Nowadays, cyber-attacks and security breaches have become more prevalent than ever, and no business is immune to the threat. Hacker systems constantly scan all public network firewalls, and any service open to the public internet is immediately attacked indifferently. You might think nobody is attacking your business mail, website, or web applications, but it is all automated, and hackers attack everything entirely. It is tough to describe here how bad the situation is, and you could watch our webinar ” THE WILD WEST OR THE REALITY OF THE INTERNET “.
Cyber security monitoring must complement static security measures with the human eye to watch and block the attacks. That is why cyber security monitoring has become a crucial part of overall cyber security protection.
Continuous cyber security monitoring helps organizations to:
- Detect a broader range of threats.
- Block attacking IP addresses.
- Monitor that static security measures like brute-force protection work as intended.
- Monitor for brute-force attacks and intrusion detection.
- Minimize the response time for attacks.
- Meet all necessary industry standards and regulatory requirements.
How Does Cyber Security Monitoring Work?
Cybersecurity monitoring systematically analyzes various data sources to identify attacks and potential security incidents.
This process typically includes the following steps:
The challenges of in-house threat monitoring
Establishing a Security Operations Center (SOC) to undertake in-house threat monitoring is too expensive for most companies, but large organizations. The sheer expense of creating such a facility has led many organizations to procure managed SOC services.
In addition to being cost-prohibitive, some other critical challenges of in-house threat monitoring include:
- Expertise and Resources: Building and maintaining an in-house team of security analysts can be challenging, as it requires recruiting, training, and retaining highly qualified personnel. Additionally, organizations need to invest in the necessary resources, such as monitoring tools, technologies, and infrastructure, which can be costly.
- Threat Intelligence: To Keep up with the rapidly evolving threat landscape is a significant challenge. Organizations need access to up-to-date threat intelligence, including information on the latest vulnerabilities, malware, and attack techniques.
- Alert Overload: In-house threat monitoring can generate many alerts and notifications. It is crucial to distinguish between legitimate threats and false positives to prevent alert fatigue and ensure that security analysts can focus on the most critical incidents.
- Complexity and Scalability: As organizations grow and expand their operations, their networks and systems become more complex. This can make it difficult to implement consistent monitoring across the entire infrastructure.
To address these challenges, some organizations choose to augment their in-house capabilities with outsourced managed cyber security services or leverage a combination of in-house and external threat monitoring solutions to enhance their overall security posture.
YOUR BENEFITS FOR OUTSOURCING CYBER SECURITY MONITORING
Finally, you will be able to see hidden cyber attacks in one place.
Peace of Mind
We assure protection from external and internal threats with our cyber security monitoring services.
24/7 monitoring ensures constant vigilance and proactive blocking of attacking IPs.
Early Threat Detection
Prompt identification of security incidents allows for swift response and mitigation, minimizing potential damage and preventing the escalation of attacks.
You get security for a fraction of the cost of doing it in-house.
By promptly detecting and addressing security incidents, organizations can ensure uninterrupted operations.
Strengthened Cybersecurity Posture
The right experts are on your side to proactively defend your assets.
Compliance and Data Protection
Organizations must comply with industry regulations and data protection standards by actively monitoring for potential breaches and unauthorized access.
WHY CHOOSE ITSECURA FOR CYBER SECURITY MONITORING SERVICES?
Proven Track Record
Protecting companies over 15 years
24x7 global coverage
We have a team working in many time zones.
Appropriate protection according to risks
To meet individual companies’ specific needs and requirements.
We use the latest technologies and threat intelligence feeds.
We take it personally.
We take responsibility for protecting your business
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you monitor cyber security?
All middleware, operating systems, web applications, databases, and security software create logs with relevant messages. This logging can be adjusted to various levels as needed. By analyzing the logs, one can detect brute-force attacks, intrusion detection, attacks on web servers, and the existence of malware. One can also monitor any other security-related events. Although logs can be monitored manually by a cyber security analyst on an individual system, it is better to centralize them into the SIEM system. Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) can have relevant dashboards to monitor, automatically alert, and react to security events.
Why is security monitoring crucial?
As much as we’ve embraced technology, we’re also more vulnerable than ever. Data breaches, cyber-attacks, theft, and vandalism can destroy a business. That’s why security monitoring is crucial for businesses of any size.
What is continuous monitoring in cyber security?
Continuous monitoring in cybersecurity refers to the ongoing and real-time process of observing, collecting, and analyzing security-related data within an organization’s IT infrastructure.
What is SOC as a service?
SOC (Security Operations Center) as a Service refers to outsourcing your organization’s security operations and monitoring to a specialized third-party provider.
Why do I need SOC as a service?
There are many benefits of having a dedicated SOC, including continuous network monitoring, centralized visibility, reduced cybersecurity costs, and better collaboration.